Received my rubber t-tracks for replacing the rails on the Hasbro blaster on Friday! YAY! These will need to be shortened to fit the shorter Hasbro barrel but they are accurate to the screen used blaster. That will happen later when I get ready to finish the blaster.

So onto the armor work. Started with doing the bracers. I followed pretty to the letter the directions from the bracer tutorial from Dave’s Garage. The two parts to that can be found here:

Part One
Part Two

Basically, I started by sanding the areas that would either have Velcro attached or glued. This takes the “shine” off the ABS plastic and makes the glue attach better.

Next, I attached the soft side of the Velcro to the outer piece of the armor. First off, you ALWAYS want the soft side pointed towards you (and your undersuit) as the plastic side will tear it up. Also doing this part first is best because having the two sides of Velcro done first can make gluing more difficult and it is easier to attach the piece of Velcro here now because its easier to access than after gluing.

After doing that, I taped the heck out of the Velcro side of the bracer to support the bracer for gluing. Then I clamped the two ends of the glue side to mesh the two sides together and then ran a piece of tape flush across the edge of the seam to mask any glue that might squeeze out once the bracer is glued and clamped.

Once that was done, I pulled out the Plastic Weld, squeezed out some into the plastic bubble from the package and mixed it quickly using a wooden dowel. Set the timer for 4 minutes and went to work and applied the plastic welder with the wooden dowel and the aligned the top edge and clamped while holding the center together with my hands for a few minutes for extra support.

Once the timer went off, I took the clamps off and removed the masking tape piece and cleaned up and excess glue with my Xacto knife.

Once that was done, I trimmed off a piece of the plastic side of the Velcro and attached it and then Velcroed the two sides together.

Repeated for the other bracer.

After that, I spray painted the insides of the bucket parts after double checking the masking tape to make sure that no gaps appeared in the masking. I used the satin black Krylon I bought for the blaster to spraypaint.

I stopped there because I started to get a lot of dandelions “cotton” seeds blowing into the garage that I didn’t want stuck in the paint.

Next up, I will probably continue onto the biceps and then move onto the leg armor. Also the gray parts are in need of another sanding and coat of paint as well as the the 02 tank still needs to be trimmed up to fit the end caps.